What is Individualised Funding and Personal Budgets?
Individualised Funding (IF) and Personal Budgets are Ministry of Health funded support services that allow eligible tāngata|people the flexibility and control to manage their own funding. If you’re eligible, the funding is designed to help you live your life your way.
Individualised Funding and Personal Budgets puts you in control
Navigating the systems available to you and deciphering the rules around the funding can be overwhelming – that’s what we are here for! Our Kaiwhakatere|Navigators will step you through what it all means and help you to decide what is best for you.
You can choose, employ and pay your Support Workers or you can let us take care of that for you. Access can support you through your funding journey from helping you plan how your funding is used to assisting with goal planning to keeping connected with your community. We take out the hard work so you can continue to do what you love!
Our kaiwhakatere|navigator will help you with
- Your options such as being an employer yourself or using a host such as Access to contract your Support Workers for you.
- Choosing and employing our support workers.
- Determining how and when your services are needed
- Payroll and budgeting advice and services
- Relief services if your employees are unavailable
- Connecting with community groups and our online community network
- Recruitment and Training advice
If you are new to Access, call us on 0508 123 010 – we can talk with you about your situation and the best way to access the support you need.
Enquiries about Access Community Health services
Please call 0800 284 663 or use this form to enquire about our services.
If you have any enquiries about Access Community Health services, careers and vacancies, training, or anything else, please get in touch via the phone number above or by completing and submitting this form.