Our service begins with a comprehensive assessment of your lifestyle, medical conditions and the support required to enable you to continue living at home. Following assessment, an experienced registered health professional will - in conjunction with you - develop a support and wellness plan individually tailored and responsive to specifically identified needs, problems and goals.
We appreciate that the first assessment or meeting with one of our registered health professionals can occur during a difficult or stressful time for you and your family. You will have questions to ask and important decisions to make, and it is our responsibility to ensure you are provided with all the information you need so you can make the most appropriate and safe care choice.
During our assessment we will discuss with you:
- Your requirements
- Health and medications
- The days and times that support would be most beneficial
- The type of support worker you would prefer
- Emergency contacts and response
- The types of services we provide,
- Goal setting
- A tailored support and wellness plan
Some services our clients have found valuable – these are sometimes referred to as supporting your activities of daily living
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Assistance with heavier housework
- Assistance with shopping, visiting friends, attending hobbies.
Access has services that will meet your needs whether you require services for a short term following hospitalisation or a dip in your health or on a longer term basis.
We also offer services including: